Monday, November 17, 2008

At Wit's End

I have a tendency to get drunk. It’s a side effect of drinking large quantities of alcohol. It happens to me a lot, a consequence of the right conditions: My presence and alcohol’s. Some people say I’m an alcoholic, but that’s them and I’m me. It’s pointless to argue with them so I just steer clear of the topic and reach out for another drink.

On some occasions when I drink, I am known to forget some things that I have done during my moments of drunkenness. Last night was one of those occasions. I was informed by some friends of mine of what I did. Yep, that sounded like something that I would have done given that state. I checked my shirt at once and finding no shoe impressions on it, I can safely say that it was a moderately good time. Shoe impressions, you see, means that I had a deliriously splendid time with me irritating some person to no end resulting in said foot apparel landing on my person.

Yes, I guess I could do without all the antics and bouts of amnesia. So from now on, I will stick to a rate of 25mL of alcohol per half hour. That means approximately 1 shot of hard drinks every thirty minutes or 1 bottle of beer. At that rate, assuming I drink for 2 hours, I get to drink 4 bottles of beer which is way below my average pace. Under the proper gastronomic conditions it will be nearly impossible for me to turn into Mr. Hyde following the above. It should also increase my savings and allow the streets of Manila to be safer.

Barring any catastrophe, I resolve to keep my alcohol intake under control. Hmm… can’t wait to try it, though. Hahahaha!

2 comments:

overlycautious said...

were u sober when you wrote this? =D hehehee... i'd like to see you try.. ;P

Chipper said...

heh! oo naman, sober na ko nun. so far so good, di pa ko nalalasing. hehehe. =)