Monday, November 17, 2008

My ten minutes of boredom

Ok, out of boredom I found myself thinking just what can I write in a span of 10 minutes. There is no fixed topic of any sort, all that I am doing is writing what comes into my head (as fast as my fingers can type, at least) for the next minutes and see what I come up with. Hmm, that may turn out to be one really uninteresting piece if my calculations are correct but I’ll just see how this goes. So humor me.

Well, 2 minutes have passes and so far this is where I have come. I reckon that around half a minute was spent on backspacing, yes I am a terrible typist. I don’t know what I’d be able to do if we lived in the age of non-correctable typewriters. The clackity-clak type. I remember we used to have those really big typewriters, the manual variety in high school typing class. That was one semester wasted. I never really got the hang of it. And my fingertips used to hurt like hell after typing my name for 2 typing papers. For those of you who know my name, you will understand the reason why I was really good at it. Double the practice in the same amount of time. Hehe.

Ok, that’s now 5 minutes. Still a lot of corrections but not as much as the first two minutes. Either my fingers suddenly discovered the feel of the keyboard or my mind has gone into slow motion mode. It’s probably more of the latter as I am having trouble thinking of the next succession of words that I am going to type.

Long pause, about 10 seconds. Signs that my brain is all set to go to stand by mode. During these times, I just blankly stare at whatever is in front of me with absolutely nothing going on in my head. Yet, I am a sort of expert when it comes to that, lately my brain has been fried from doing these reviews for a friend (professionally, of course) that I have begun to appreciate being able to think of absolutely nothing. The perfect way to de-stress.

Ok, approaching the final minute of this endeavor. Undoubtedly this has got to be among the top 5 dumb and utterly useless ideas that I have come up with. Winding down to 30 seconds. Hmm, there is that next urgent problem that will be coming up soon, I realize. The problem now is what the heck am I gonna do next? (10:08 )

No comments: