Sunday, February 1, 2009

As if churning out more than 16,500 words in the last 8 hours wasn't enough, I decided to write an entry into this blog of mine before retiring to bed. Actually, am still not sleepy thanks to about 4 mugs of coffee that I downed in the 8 hours that I have been working. So what now?

*****

The home improvement bug suddenly hit me this week. I think I'm turning gay all of a sudden. I disposed of all the gran matador bottles that I had been proudly displaying in the dining area (I'll miss you, guys!) and replaced them with pocket sized pictures of some of my vacation trips. I also have plans to get a new poster for the bedroom to replace the now outdated 2008 tanduay calendar on my door. For the bathroom, I plan to install a new stainless steel towel holder and a small shelf for some reading materials and decors. I figure a budget of around 1,500 bucks should cover all of that nicely. That is if I don't get the lampshade I want for the bedroom, plus some blinds for the bedroom window.

*****

My car went kaput a few days ago. Some electrical problem which I suspect is the result of some shabby work done by the guy who installed new headlights on my trusty metal frog (The car looks like a frog, hence I call him Kermit). So now it doesn't have any power and won't start even after a few attempts at jump-starting him. Darn friggin' timing too. Had a meeting at the office that I showed up late to.

So without any option left, I got the old Nissan back from exile at the office. Now this car had a hole in the radiator and needed replacement badly. I remembered I still had that steel filled epoxy that Jundel gave me a few years ago and temporarily covered the hole up with it just so that I could use it until I could have the radiator replaced. It worked quite well the 2 days that I had used it, but I had already scheduled it for replacement yesterday morning and did. However they weren't able to repair the stop lights but I figured what the hell, I'll schedule it for next week.

As for Kermit, he sits hibernating in the garage pending the free towing service. You see, I called up the automobile association of the philippines (AAP) from which I still had 2 free towing services to use. I had to change the registered vehicle to Kermit first and wait the required 7 day period before they could formally register Kermit on their system and avail of the free tow. So for now, I'm stuck with the Nissan. It's alright, I guess. It is pretty roadworthy and hasn't given me too much of a problem. (Except of course for that time with the refrigerator)

*****

Have not had a sip of alcohol this weekend. But don't keep your hopes up, the weekend's not over yet. hehehe.

No comments: