Friday, December 12, 2008

It Stops At Six

Counting back, I realize that I have gone home drunk these past six days. I know I have made some sort of resolution to control my consumption of alcohol but some things just can’t be helped. In my defense, it was a series of events that called for it. I did however plan to stop the series today and have.

Thinking about it, my recent alcoholic exploits have resulted in a number of negative consequences:

1. A series of bad hangovers

Lately, I had been experiencing really sluggish mornings. Even with the aid of coffee, I can’t seem to shake off that heavy-headed feeling until lunchtime. Though I have been waking up right on time and getting to the office fairly early, I find my mind still on zombie mode. Obviously, this takes away hours of productive time that otherwise would have made my job a lot easier rather than having to cram a day’s worth of work in just a few hours in the afternoon.

2. Putting off the laundry

I do my own laundry, a means of saving up on money and making sure that the few clothes that I do own are safe and properly cared for. It does put a lot of strain on my schedule so I usually do it on the weekends. Between the hangover and getting ready for the next drinking spree, I just didn’t have time for it until tonight.

3. Weight gain

I’ve been trying to lose weight for over a year now, and so far I have lost a lot. However, these periodic alcohol binges take their toll on the scales. Sigh…

4. Lost savings

Unlike my weight, I lose money each time I open that next bottle of beer. And with the financial situation that I find myself in, I don’t think that I should be doing too much drinking. But then again, some things take precedence over money.

5. Health risks

Last Monday (was it?), I caught myself with a bad hangover and palpitating like hell. The coffee certainly didn’t help, and the cigarettes made it all worse. I may not be the most health conscious person in the world, but I have no intention of falling flat on my face in some gasoline station food court.

6. Drunk texting / Drunk calling

Yes, guilty. Not only do I make a fool of myself, but I can be really irritating and run the risk of losing a friend. Sorry about that.

The above are just some of the negatives. So how do I justify continuing my drunken ways? Well, let’s just say that the positives outweigh all these negatives. I hope…

3 comments:

Investor Juan said...

The thing is dude, the only thing that can result from drowning ourselves in the stuff is--you guessed right--us drowning. So whaddya say we try to put a cap on the number of bottles we consume when we go out, to say, six. At the very least it'll considerably reduce the strain on our already anorexic wallets. :D

Chipper said...

six? hmm... i stop counting at six, bro. which means when i hit six bottles i suddenly "forget" how to count. so i guess what i'm saying is that i always "limit" myself to six bottles. so the next time we drown ourselves, i trust you to count for us... -friends don't let friends drive home drunk. hahaha! :D

etlyanna said...

i miss seeing you guys get drunk... feck!!!