Saturday, December 27, 2008

Not Sleepy Yet

I can’t sleep. I guess the potent mix of mucolytic, paracetamol, ascorbic acid and a few bottles of alcohol did that. Usually, I never have problems sleeping drunk, it’s the opposite that’s true, staying awake drunk. To make matters worse, since I couldn’t sleep I thought I might as well fix myself my usual cup of coffee. Bad move, now I could feel my heart trying to leap out of my chest with every beat. So what do I do? I light up a cigarette, hoping it would somehow relax me. Now I have a coughing fit which further amplifies the pulsation. Great. Hmm… what if I add whiskey to the mix?

Well, I guess I better not try it. I’m in enough trouble as it is. Besides, it’s too early for Johnny, best to wait till after lunch. Think of it as that halo-halo that kids used to have for their afternoon snack.

Hmm, a busy day ahead of me, that’s for sure. First, the dishes. A week’s worth of it. Then the bathroom, then sweeping the floor. That should keep me busy until around ten at which time the supermarket should be open and I could do my groceries. Just the basics: food for two weeks. Then some items that I have earmarked, spice jars and some condiments I’m running low on. Or maybe I could hit the mall first, I might spoil the frozen food that I’m buying if I take too much time at the department store. I need to get some fabrics, maybe 5 yards or so to cover the couch and the recliner. No idea how much this will cost me, though. Then over to toy world for a birthday present to a friend’s kid. Also I need to pass by the hardware section for some tacks, sandpaper, double-sided tape (bravo invention, by the way!) and a small file.

After that, I need to clean the car. It’s been two weeks I think. It looks more like a soiled combat boot more than anything. Poor baby. Also need to have the spare tire balanced. I changed the rim a week ago but the fools didn’t balance it. Can’t risk having a bum spare tire again for the long drive ahead. Then I head over to my parent’s house to get some speakers.

And then day turns into night. There’s a birthday party I’m supposed to go to. Don’t plan to stay too long, though. I might make my condition worse.

So the problem now is, with me not having slept a wink the whole night last night, at what point will I succumb to sleep? Darn. If I recall correctly, this was supposed to be a holiday break. So far, 3 days into it I haven’t had enough rest. Tomorrow there’s a children’s party I need to go to. My last chance is on the twenty ninth. Sleeping all day sounds like a wonderful thought!

No comments: