Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Brain Freeze

Wifi back on at the gas station. woohoo! Now what? The prolonged hiatus from this blog has resulted in a certain specie of writer's block. Not only can't I think of nothing, but my typing skills have gone haywire.

*****

How's this for a topic, a truck-load of pigs just went by, one of those double-decker mini-trucks. The pigs are screaming, thrasing about as the truck negotiates the hump at the gas station. Suddenly one of the beasts start staring at me, motionless, not even blinking its beady eyes. Is it accusing me? I can't imaging this little porker knowing what I ate for breakfast for it to assume that one of its kin died to provided sustenance for myself.

Fortunately, the truck rolled on and the staring stopped. Too bad the stink lingered on for another minute, though. How the heck did our ancestors ever thought these pigs were good enough to eat if they smelled this badly!? "Hey guys, these filthy animals have awful hygiene and stink to the high heavens... it must taste delicious!"

*****

I'm still postponing getting a hamster. Mostly because of laziness, apparently. For one, I'd have to find and clean up the old aquarium. Then there's the matter of having to feed it. I have trouble feeding myself, and I should make an effort for this rodent? Also, I'd have to figure out a better ventilation system for my apartment lest it smell like, well, a hamster. I know it doesn't sound like too much work, but given my lack of interest in doing anything, if it takes more muscles than looking for the remote control, I'm not interested.

*****

As I read back on that last paragraph, I suddenly realized that I shouldn't get that hamster. Not that I'm concerned I'd just as soon subject it to animal cruelty or abuse, rather because I'm treating getting a pet as a chore, something not worthy of getting all excited about. Instead of putting all that effort into getting and keeping a pet alive, I should probably put that to better use cleaning and tending to my car. Yes, it's been in a state of neglect ever since I got it... poor thing.

*****

Oh well, I give up. There's no point in forcing the mind to produce something the least bit read-worthy if it doesn't want to. Hopefully I can coax it into submission the next few days while I'm in the summer capital. With that much time on my hands, the boredom is sure to kick in and I'd be at my usual pace once again. Until then, I'll leave you with this totally worthless piece of crap which you have just read. My sincerest apologies...

No comments: