Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Don't ask, don't tell

My pet and I had a conversation recently, the thing crawled up the table and was in the mood to blabber on about her supposed love-life.

"I can't believe that reptile could just stand there and say that to me!"

"What exactly did supposed-loser-reptile say?"

"That were friends."

"Okay, I don't get it."

"After all 'the signs' he says were just friends?!"

"Uhm, what signs?"

"Eating lunch together everyday, constant texting, asking if I got home safe, blah blah blah..."

"Wait, what was the question?"

"What question?"

"The question before he replied the you're 'friends'?"

"I asked him 'What am I to you?'"

Whoa... I drew up a mental picture and was just appalled by it. Imagine a girl asking a guy straight up what she was to him? These things only happen in the movies, unheard of in real life unless you're Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp. Wait, maybe I'm still thinking like a teenager... maybe this is how adults go about this situation.

"What!? You asked that!?"

"Yeah. How would I know if I didn't?"

"You could wait?"

"Why wait? It's just such a waste of time! At least now I know and I can get on with my stupid dreary loser existence"

Hmm, she does have a point. She is stupid and a loser. But besides that, this 'being forward' and 'honest' thing might be a good idea.

*****

Of course, leave it to the menfolk to never ask questions. Quite ironic then that us men have the "Y" chromosome. Men don't ask, they know, or at least pretend to know. Little wonder that Frost (a man) wrote that particular poem about taking the road less traveled by. I bet he was just lost, not wanting to ask for directions and wound up in that sorry neck of the woods. When he finally made it out and was asked why he took that path, he made up that ridiculous excuse, making him look all macho and shit. Really now, Bobby?

*****

I don't get why women celebrate "Women's Day". I mean, I haven't heard of a "Men's Day", have you? Doesn't that kinda imply that all the other days of the year are for the men, leaving just that one particular day for the women? If such, then women should actually abhor "Women's Day" as just another male device to bring down the other sex.

I'm gonna shut up now... better not stir up the hornet's nest.

3 comments:

Walking on Water said...

Reptiles are supposed to be cold-blooded hap.
Perhaps Frost was gay?
And yeah, I'm all for Men's Day!

Unknown said...

Hmmm . . . Interesting post.

Concerning women's day here's a write up if you are not too lazy to read:
http://www.internationalwomensday.com/about.asp

Basically it commemorates the fact that women can now vote, that women can fight for their social, political, economic and cultural rights, that at least fifty percent of women enjoy these rights. It does not however mean that the rest of the year are devoted to men. After a lifetime of patriarchy I believe women have the right too celebrate their existence.

Methinks I am bored because I am bothering to answer your post. Mwuahaha! Nah, I just miss reading your posts.

Chipper said...

Hey Tatcee! Thanks for the link... and the read. Don't worry, this blog is meant for the bored, anyways. :)

Inuman uli soon! (Promise... di na ko magiging sobrang kulit. hehe)