Sunday, May 23, 2010

Boy do I need a good night's sleep!

It's half-past four in the morning, and with a glass of brandy in hand, I am trying to get some shut eye after a sorry poker loss. Just wasn't my night, and maybe a long lay-off from this unforgiving game had done me in. No matter, though, it was fun being with friends. Besides, it was a small price to pay for unlimited pizza, beers and other goodies that the birthday boy had prepared. Not bad at all, I say.

*****

You may have noticed a sharp decrease in the number of posts on this here blog. Contrary to conventional wisdom, no, I still don't have much of a social life. This phenomenon may be more correctly attributed to my life sinking down to such depths of boredom that there really isn't much to talk about. Sure this blog is about nothing, but that "nothingness" has been so little in coming that it can be more accurately described as in a state of vacuum. It's complicated, I know, I might need to explain a bit further here, you see, imagine events as binary numbers... 1s and 0s. This blog is mostly about the 0s, which is nothing while 1s are for somethings. But add to this set-up an event such as -1, this is where I am now.

I bet you're even more confused than before, don't worry, I'm in a pickle as well about this, which is why I'm shutting up about it right now.

*****

Maybe the recent sweltering heat has fried my brain a medium-well that it cannot process my random thoughts into random posts. I do not work well in this environment, as evidenced by the lackluster performance at work. In the colder months, January and February, it was all well and good. But March and April were total disasters, and the only explanation that I can come up with is this heat. Well, more of an excuse, actually. May isn't looking that great either, which is why I'm really looking forward to the coming June showers to cool things off and kick off a renaissance of sorts in the workplace as well as the blogosphere.

*****

So you made it this far? Wow, you must be even more bored that I am. Somehow, I pity you for wasting all that time to read this. So you didn't learn anything, probably got a little bit irritated, and wasted precious minutes of your time better spent if you had just gnawed on that ballpen or pencil instead. Sure, I'll say I'm sorry, but that doesn't change anything, does it? Why did I even publish this if I knew I'd be sorry for it? Beats me.

No comments: