Friday, May 1, 2009

Stupid Drunk

Out of money, hung over, clothes making a trail all the way to the bed and had to check if my car wasn't totaled - a classic! All the signs of being stupid drunk the evening prior. Luckily, I can still remember some details of the drive home such as the slow down at the Cubao underpass.

I need to check with some people, particularly Tatcee to check how stupid drunk I was last night. Quite prone to spewing out nonsense (such as this blog) and being a total jack ass when I've reached my alcohol saturation point. At this point, it would be moot but knowing that you will see these people at some other point in time brings out a panic over how dumb I was.

As is usually the case, hang overs make breakfast such a chore. Everything tastes funny and acrid and instant coffee just doesn't do a thing. I'm tempted to walk over to the coffee place to get a quick Americano but with my head reeling I know I just won't be able to make it. The first sip of instant coffee instantly raises my heartbeat and I have to "balance" it with a stick or two of cigarettes. Now were getting somewhere.

The realization that today is Friday pops up when I look at the calendar sitting on the table. Can't help but smile knowing that there's an extra day to go watch a movie or a dvd in peace. I just hate it when I try to cram everything in two days, leaving me not enough time to nurse a terrible hang over Saturday morning.

Well, here I am sitting on the couch with the television turned off, holding a book in my hand (not reading, though) and thinking of how stupid drunk I was last night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

not totally stupid. (I guess just a little for drunk driving) Drunk at super makulit. I sympathize with the hangover. The Korean rice wine did not go well with beer. I showed up for work looking like my cat after he gets his monthly bath.

Breakfast can be difficult I know. But try writing a 2 page labour day statement with a hangover. To top it off I had to read almost 60 emails. he he.