Sunday, June 20, 2010

Jogging thoughts

I'm waiting for my jogging buddy, here at home. Most of the chores around the house are done, even the tent has been sunned and aerated, rid of sand and neatly tucked into its carrying bag. I didn't even wait for the little sister to come home and take out the garbage. That's right, everything is neatly back in its proper order.

Well, almost everything.

There's still the issue of whether I should continue the rent on my house for another year, I'm still undecided about what to do with it. On one hand, in light of my new goal to maximize my income and achieve my goal of renovating my parent's house within the next two years, I figure I can no longer afford it and should look for a cheaper house. On the other hand, I like it here. Sure, sounds simple enough, move to another house (or back to my parents even) and learn to like it as well, but I have some reservations about it.

Jogging buddy's here... no time to think! Gotta run!

*****

And am back. It's midnight. No, we didn't jog until midnight. Yes we ate dinner after the 6pm jog. No, alcohol was not involved. Yes, some cigarettes. No, not immediately after the jog, but after dinner. No, we didn't go to some sleazy bar after dinner. Yes, that would've been fun, though. No, we really didn't. No, I didn't suggest that we go to a sleazy bar. No, I didn't think he suggested it either. Yes, if he asked I would have given it some thought. No, 'giving it some thought' is not a yes. (Shut up! You're not Mom!)

*****

So while I was jogging, some girl in full racing attire (including the requisite iPod strapped on her bicep) managed to overtake me. (Easily, yes, she overtook me easily. I should probably have added that.) I didn't mind at first, of course, but while I was admiring her 'build', her cellular phone rang. (Yes, she had her cell phone strapped on her somewhere) She answers, and proceeded to have a 3 minute conversation over her phone, WHILE JOGGING. Darn! I'm sorry I couldn't tell you anything about the conversation because while she was talking over the phone, I couldn't catch what she was talking about over the sound of myself choking on her dust. Despite holding a full conversation, I she was still pulling away from me pretty easily. Wow... how pathetic is that?

If that was me talking on the phone while jogging, I'd probably sound really sleazy, breathing heavily on the mouthpiece with my voice sounding rasp and creepy.

To preserve any dignity that I had left, I was tempted to stop, look for a rock, lob it straight at her phone and run away in the opposite direction. But I was scared, she could definitely outrun me, and am also pretty sure she'd be able to beat me up. Well, it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway, I was so out of breath and weak at that point that the rock would probably slip through my fingers and fall down on my foot, killing all my toenails in the process.

Could I still jog with dead toenails?

No comments: