Monday, August 17, 2009

Poverty issues

Here at the gas station, the harsh flood lamps reveal the rain, descending ever so slowly down back to earth, mist-like. As each tiny droplet lands on my car's windshield, it joins up with the other drops to form ugly blotches, looks very much like boils, actually.

*****

I've been kinda stumped the past weeks, no thanks to the bad timing of the bills arriving through the mail. There seems to be no other solution to it than to eliminate it once and for all with the help of a personal loan that I've been trying to put off for the longest time. Then it happened, I received one of those spam text messages, offering the best terms on their banks loan facility. Surely this must be a sign from on-high.

I replied, and then they informed me that all the information that I would need was already sent to be by email. I checked 5 minutes later and there it was, all the requirements. All I needed to do was collect all of these and send it to them either by scanning and emailing it back to them or faxing everything to a hassle-free dedicated fax number. So simple... and yet I put it off til after the weekend.

Guess what, the weekend has passed and still no sign of an email nor fax from my end. Great.

No comments: