Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Slaying the Piggy Bank

The ATM was out of order, and being the lone ATM at this particular gas station, I was forced to go rummaging through my car to look for some spare change. Luckily, I don't clean the car as often as other people do (once a month is a stretch, actually) and managed to find some larger denomination coins littered all over the carpet and seats. I just found enough to buy my usual coffee though the toll fee going back home is going to be quite the challenge assuming that all the other ATM that line the expressway are out of order as well.

The wisdom of buying this cup of coffee is now put into question, not only do I sacrifice my means of getting home unnecessarily since I do not have to buy coffee to avail of the free internet, but this could also mean skipping dinner as well.

It's all moot, of course now that I am sipping my coffee and the last of my money is safely tucked under the counter. So I resolve to put the matter to rest until the next ATM goes kaput.

*****

Someone in my facebook network proudly posted that she has finally registered to vote for the upcoming elections. I was tempted to lambast her online... but thought better of it. She's in her late 20's, meaning she didn't bother to vote in a lot of previous elections. What a waste.

It's pretty funny how some of the youth feel compelled to rant and make complaints against government and all that but then don't even find the time to vote for someone who they think would do a better job. Dumb much.

*****

Been keeping myself busy with work these past days. I just came from a vacation and upon getting back to the office on Monday realized that there was so much that I had to fix. So I've been working my ass off the past couple of days and have neglected this blog. Not that anyone's been missing it, I guess, but if only to keep a semblance of a journal. And speaking of work, I've better go crunch some numbers... *groan*

No comments: