Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Coffee talk

Slept early, woke up early and now am here at the gas station having my second cup of coffee. Why? I don't know. Well, actually I do but that's another story.

*****

Feeling somewhat guilty that I haven't made the effort to have my old mobile sim card replaced. To think that a lot of people are probably trying to contact me there for work makes me nervous about what I've been missing these past few days. I have to admit though that it is kind of refreshing to be incommunicado. Well, that's over and later this afternoon I'm heading over to the mall to have get a replacement sim card.

One of the things I do miss about my old sim card is the internet connection at home that it affords me. If you'll notice, have posted multiple posts in one sitting, a consequence of not being able to go online and post these in a more accurate and timely manner. One thing I did notice was that I could survive days without having to check out the many social networking sites that I am registered on. When I finally was able to get a connection, imagine me being swamped with all sorts of updates. Didn't bother to check them all out and am actually thinking of ignoring them altogether, such a waste of time I think.

*****

Since I will be visiting the mall later, I've thought of a list of things that I should buy. Shopping? Yes, finally resolved to get some stuff that I desperately need. Casual brown shoes, new slacks, maybe 3 shirts, have put off buying these. I still don't know how much all these are going to cost me though, and haven't prepared a budget yet. I'll also be visiting Fully Booked and try to see if they have Train Man on the shelves.

Got me thinking back to the last time that I bought anything for my wardrobe and the only thing that comes to mind are a pair of handkerchiefs that I bought as gifts for Christmas but didn't give. Man, how urgent is this shopping spree?! Hmm, must also make time to get the cologne I'll be buying from RJ since I've none on hand.

*****

Yesterday I made a list of the things that I should do at the office. Want to know how many I actually was able to do? 1. Was swamped with all sorts of other stuff that I didn't have time to do any of the others before I had to meet a client in the afternoon. Talk about productivity on a Monday.

*****

Have been having the weirdest dreams these past few days. Sort of like a 90's extravaganza of sorts. People I haven't seen in a decade were there, and we were talking as if we were the closest of friends. Then I distinctly remember me playing with my dog, Bob. He's long gone now, sadly but having seen him in a dream surely made me think back to the days when I got him as a gift from Mimi.

So what does it all mean? Too lazy to google them for now and I suspect that I wouldn't be doing so at all. I wonder if they have anything to do with recent events?

2 comments:

etlyanna said...

you'll go shopping today?!? huwooowww... what are you buying for me?!?

Unknown said...

time to replace the ancient wardrobe and add some fashion sense in happy's clothes. heheh.