Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Rainy Lazy Days

Ever driven a car with a tinted windshield on a dark rainy night on black asphalt at 80kph? Not very reassuring to say the least. To top it all off, my wipers are in dire need of replacement, with each pass the glass seems even more blurry than the last. This rainy season, I wonder why I even bother staying out at night from the office to drive home amidst all these challenges.

Despite all these, I conveniently forget to do anything about it once I get home and sit on the couch. The forces of inertia are just too great when you're doing nothing but reading a book or watching the asian food channel. Come to think of it, I can't count how many times I've done absolutely zilch when the gravitational pull of the couch has me in its sights.

*****

I've been meaning to go jogging these past couple of days but the rains have provided me with a fantastic excuse. But then, I think of my hip hop abs dvd and suddenly I realize that I'm not too into it for the exercise. I just want to do it because I know that I can't. Do I make any sense at all?

*****

My high school friends and I are planning to go to Sagada for the long weekend. I've been tasked to make the itinerary. As soon as I clicked the send button after emailing them the details, I suddenly realized that we were kinda drunk when we got to this part of the conversation. Suddenly I doubted whether the conversation had any lasting memory in their minds.

The topic came up around the time we got to heckling each other about our last road trip up north three years ago. We realized that we had not had a real getaway since then and the fact that all three of them haven't been to this northern enclave high up in the mountains made it the ideal location. Myself being the only veteran of highland hell, promised to send them the plan and assured them that it was well worth the long weekend. Now I'm having my doubts.

If I remember correctly, we are probably the laziest group of people that I know. Our idea of a good time is simply lounging around, playing video games, drinking and laughing at ourselves. The fact that Sagada is reserved for the adventurous soul should have already disqualified it as a potential destination. Once we travelled all the way to the Hundred Islands in Alaminos, all we did was sit and lie on the beach for 3 hours on a tiny island. Real busybodies.

*****

My high school barkada and I met freshman year at the parking lot of our high school. We were classmates and had been waiting for our ride home for consecutive days and so by the miracle of utter boredom, became friends. Guess we were too lazy to realize that there were other people around so we kinda just stuck with each other through the years.

*****

Well anyway, I can only guess whether this trip will materialize or not in the next few days. Until then, I let myself fall victim to the trap that is the couch.

No comments: