Monday, June 8, 2009

A great example of the hassles of being stingy

While waiting for a friend of mine to pick me up in Cebu a few days back, I went inside a bookstore and decided to browse around. Picked up this great book, it said "international best-seller" on the credits, and thumbed through a few pages. It was good, I found myself giggling on the aisles while flipping through the book. I can't say it was well written because technically, it wasn't really telling a story only inferring it. (That didn't seem to make any sense)

So what happened? You guessed it, I flipped the book to its back cover, saw the price tag and returned it back on the shelf. Didn't want to read more as I might just convince myself to buy it. A few days later, back in Manila I remembered the book and wanted to read more. I walk into a bookstore but they didn't have it in stock. Well, well, well, seems my cheapness got the better of me again. Now I can't get the book out of my mind and am obsessing over it. Why didn't I just buy the darn book in the first place?

This isn't the first time that something of the sort has happened, obviously. Sometimes, I'd window shop for something, save up for it because I know it was really worth it and then when I have saved enough, I march back into the store and leave empty-handed because I would suddenly will myself into thinking it wasn't worth it. This is the reason why I still don't have a stereo at home.

I've been wondering why this keeps on happening to me. So far haven't the foggiest.

3 comments:

gio said...

was this that moment you didn't buy the book? hahaha. don't worry it's reprinted anyways. better lay out this time around. haha..

keep reading dude.

Chipper said...

yep ito yun. hassle talaga. try ko pa sa fully booked baka meron. Title is "Train Man" by this Japanese fellow. kaaliw... yung buong book collection ng mga posts sa isang "geeky" chatroom.

joel said...

meron ako nyan...hanep yung libro, astig! -joel