Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Invasion!

Someone just invaded the privacy of my gas station hangout. She asked if we could share a table so that she could also use the outlet for her laptop! The nerve of some people! Hmm, but she is kinda cute. And she seems to have a sense of humor as well. Hmmmmm...

A good thing that we are seated facing each other, thus our laptop screens face away from the other so she can't see what exactly I'm typing onto the screen. She asks if I have a connection, apparently she can't log in to the free and unsecured wifi signal. I wish she's lying and actually just wants to start a conversation. So I say "Yes." and immediately type away again. Wow, a loser I am.

Now she's asking if the connection is slow. (This is real time, people!) I say yes again and let my eyes look into her's a little bit longer. Around 2 seconds, then look down upon the keyboard once again. WTF?! Yes, I know. Shush... I said I did, didn't I?

Well, the moment's passed, she's dug herself into her laptop screen. Dummy! The security guard approached and informs her that her coffee is ready inside. Arrgh!

*****

Well folks, you've just witnessed what goes inside the mind of an average male when his privacy is suddenly invaded by a cute female. Okay, so average is kind of stretching it, let's say mildly insecure male.

So where is she now? She's finished checking her mail and is enjoying her coffee inside. Darn... hadn't even asked her name, let alone her number. Oh well... I wonder if she comes here often?

*****

Now that that's over, I can finally get on with this stupid post of mine. How fortunate. Then again, my mind keeps replaying the previous situation all over again. It's like a mental "Create your own story" book where the ending is always a happy one. However if by chance it happens again, I'd bet I'll still be doing the exact same thing.

No comments: