Sunday, April 5, 2009

Aliens (or elves) have invaded my home!

Woke up at noon today. I came out of my room and noticed the house was still a mess. The aliens (or elves) still hadn't tidied up after themselves and are starting to irritate me. I am awfully tempted to go back to bed, giving the aliens (or elves) another shot at redemption, but I needed to go to the restroom and have my cigarette and coffee fix for this morning. Maybe tomorrow...

*****

Went to another Calaruega wedding yesterday where I became unofficial cameraman for 2 of the bridesmaids. Of course I didn't do a very good job as I spent much time tinkering with the settings of both cameras and taking nonsense pictures. Hanging out with Nolan, I've learned a couple of things about photography so I thought I'd try it out with their point and shoots. Well, I did manage to take some pictures that looked cool but I have no idea if these qualified as good shots. Oh well, so I will still be postponing my purchase of a real point and shoot camera until I can actually afford it. Hahaha!

*****

First time I've been to Sonya's Garden (the venue for the reception of said wedding). Didn't realize how big the place was, one could actually get lost roaming around the place. Wanted to buy something from their gift shop but there was nothing interesting there. But did buy some oatmeal cookies from their bread shop which also sold Mika'san chocolate crispies from Baguio. Strange.

*****

Friday caught me unusually lazy. I just ended a meeting at Makati and did not have an appointment till the afternoon so I called up Rachel to see if she wanted to have lunch. Turns out she was also getting restless in the office so we headed out to Cafe Juanita because I was by then really curious what the fuss was about that place.

We ordered the bagnet salad and the chicken inasal and it was delicious! The restaurant slash antique shop's reputation is truly well deserved. Then Rachel's bosses called up and she invited them over. They too hadn't been to the restaurant yet and were also curious about the food. They also seemed to like what they ordered and now Rachel is worried that they would often be having lunch there and end up spending more than the usual amount of money for food. Good luck!

*****

It's a Sunday, the laziest time of the week. I'm thinking of heading over to UP for a quick jog but the sun is threatening to sear my already sunburnt skin, so am waiting till late in the afternoon to don my cross trainers. In the meantime, I might start cleaning the house. Damn aliens (or elves)!

No comments: