Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's getting too hot for comfort

I guess it's fate. Got a wedding invitation that explicitly asks the gentlemen to wear suits. Just when I thought I've dodged this, it suddenly comes up again.

Maybe it's about time I got one. I never did own a suit and it might come in handy one of these days. Nolan had one tailor made a while back and I'm thinking of visiting his tailor for this purpose. Yes I will have to shell out some dough though I hope it will be worth it. And of course I also have to get new dress shoes as well, and a shirt plus a tie. Egad!

*****

Ugh... the summer is here. I have active sweat glands so this season is hell for me. My electric bill skyrockets, I can't reuse my pants, a short walk leaves me all sweaty and I take too many baths a day. And yesterday I heard on the news that the other day was the hottest day recorded in recent Philippine history. Great.

*****

Got into a fender bender yesterday. Dumb ass drove his SUV past me, hitting the bumper. This year, I've had quite a number of accidents with Kermit. I usually average just one per year but in the past 3.5 months have already been involved in 3. Been slipping, I guess.

*****

Had to leave the office quite early today. Got into sort of an argument with a VP. Of course I can't argue with authority so I thought it best to split before I get tempted to. It's funny how some people presume that I'm supposed to be doing a lot of stuff beyond the JD. I mean, I don't mind as long as they cooperate but when they don't it just makes no sense to me.

*****

Work has been all crap lately. Made me think back to what my sign said would be a great year for my career. Bullshit.

*****

A friend of mine broke his ankle a few weeks ago. In the spirit of friendship, here's what I wrote for our yahoogroups:

"Mark M. Reyes broke his ankle in 2 places while skimboarding (astig pakinggan no? first time lang nun...lesson number one: do not skimboard while drunk. hahaha!) last March 27. He underwent surgery and is now recuperating at home while learning how to play with his organ. To show our support to our blockmate, I will accept donations in cash and kind (pwede pagkain, alak, yosi, babae, etc).

Kung interesado kayo, reply na lang sa email na ito. Tapos lahat ng proceeds will go to our next block party. Dun natin ipagdasal and mabilis na recovery ni mark kay san miguel. Yung mga out of the country, ipadala ko sa inyo bank account number ko... pwede nyo dun ideposit. May paypal din pala ako, so pede rin credit cards. hehehe."

Hopefully he will get well much sooner in his desire to kick my ass as soon as possible.

1 comment:

etlyanna said...

my gulay... ang sakit nun :(