Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Life lectures over coffee and juice

Had a lunch date today... former officemate who is now taking her MA at Diliman. Just took a chance as I was in the area. Had coffee and juice at Choc Kiss. Anyway, it was great catching up. She is already engaged and can't wait till next year to tie the knot after finishing her studies. So she asked about when I will be doing so... pretty sure took too long to answer as she almost spat the mango juice in my face from her laughing fit.

Now this person, despite being younger than I is someone who I could easily identify to be my older sister. So she lectures me about the benefits of already planning for the future. Counting out the years till my gremlin spawns graduate, my parents' age, the high premiums on insurance, etc. Whew... enough to make my order another cup of brewed coffee. As if this was not enough, she lectures me on the value of going to church and thanking Him for all the blessings. Some sort of spiritual fulfillment crap.

Of course I appreciate it, just don't like being told the obvious. Then she recants and tells me that at this age, it's okay for a guy to be thirty-something and single. Nice... I guess she got the hint when I ordered my second cup. She volunteers to help me meet other single ladies from her church. I have my doubts if this were really to set me up with singles or get me to join her Church. hmm... I said yes anyway and she vows to text me this weekend. I'm not holding my breath, though.

No comments: