Thursday, April 16, 2009

So it's another birthday

So I got myself some cool gifts: An instructional guide book and a sheet of plastic cover. Real cheap! Hahaha! Of course, not having money is a real hassle. But somehow, I don't mind it much when I think of how many times I used to be so stressed out and in a bad mood.

So what is it about this day? To be honest, not much. Another day at work, hustling to get money and pay the rent. Birthdays aren't really that big a deal to me. So you're another year older and supposedly wiser. Is it really worth the time to look back at all the things that have happened in a year?

Sorry if I seem a little cynical, guess that's just my nature. Not to be an ingrate to those who wished me the best for today, but I treat today just as any other. I'm not special and the world doesn't stop revolving just because I (or anyone for that matter) popped into the world. Why should I make any demands that this day be exceptional?

But then again, maybe it would be great not to be a cynic for once. The roses would probably smell just a tad bit sweeter, my smile would be wider, chickenjoy would be juicier and cigarettes would not kill me. There's a lesson in "the little price" that has taught me the meaning of being special:

So there's this rose. It's a regular, red, run of the mill rose. Go to a rose garden and you'd see a multitude exactly like it. But this rose is special because a dumb little kid, a prince on an planet the size of a van, thinks it is. The kid would go through great lengths to care for this demanding, ungrateful red rose. But why? Simply because he has spent time with it. Gave it a part of its life, nurtured it and made sure it got everything it needed. Because of this, that rose was the most special in all the universe. (If you can't grasp this concept, try reading the book, buffoon!)

Well anyway, I guess that in a lot of ways today is special. Not because I was born, but because my friends have made it so. So thanks guys, and here's wishing that we all be as special as that little prince's rose.

3 comments:

Investor Juan said...

Happy birthday, dude. Di ako maka-access facebook e. Inom tayo sunday night pagbalik ko.

etlyanna said...

happy birthday ulit hap... hindi ko nakalimutan birthday mo noh, tamad lang talaga ako tumawag... hahaha... :)

Chipper said...

thanks! cheers!