Friday, April 10, 2009

Not finished...

Just when you think I've blogged enough, suddenly there's more! Bwahaha!

*****

Got home to find Leo on the LaZboy... he conveniently filled up the ice cube tray (I defrosted yesterday) so I happily plunked some ice cubes into a glass and had my fill of Johnny. He had one as well, while watching Gothika on AXN (he watches while as of blog-time).

So what to write? I dunno... I just have this urge to turn on the computer and tip tap on the keyboard, hoping for something to come to mind to write about.

*****

Watched Vicky Cristina Barcelona on pirated dvd today before I went to the office. The spanish guitar laden soundtrack was awesome. Wish I could play a tune instead of just vague sounding powerchords courtesy of the self-help songhits accompaniment that I used to learn guitar. So I was tempted to unravel my old six string but thought against it as I remembered that I have nothing to play from memory and certainly could not willow my way through a tune.

So instead, I daydreamed about spending a day lying in bed with both Penelope and Scarlett. That bastard! The other chick (Vicky, was it?) wasn't bad, either. She has this magnetic aura around her that seems deeper and more sensual than Scarlett. (Wait... are these words from me? What the hell am I talking about? I sound more like a gay movie critic than anything. Hmm... need to switch character...)

That bitch was ugly, but do-able. (There, that sounds better.)

*****

I find myself in sort of a pickle. Suddenly I realize that lowering expectations, though healthy, leads to a lot of discontent as well. And this is what I find inconvenient about this whole ordeal of mine. By not really giving myself more of a chance (or opportunity, is it?), I end up thinking about it more. This sucks. The more you think about it, the more you want more but then you consciously try to haul your ass back to the ground because you told yourself so from the very beginning.

Case in point: that awful want for a home theater system. (well... yeah. This could work as a quasi-illustration) I've been telling myself that with how things are going for me at this point in my life, better try to get that out of your head until some mystic force of nature enables me to have a go at it. But the more that I tell myself that I can't afford it, the heavier my credit card seems to feel in my wallet. Solution? I rid my wallet of 2 of my credit cards. (Yeah right, that helps) So now, I find myself thinking what if I just bought the damn thing in the first place and leave the worrying till later? (Hmm, that doesn't make sense, does it?)

Well anyway, the point is that I haven't bought the damn thing but I want it now more than ever. So imagine the mental anguish. Having thought about something for so long but not being able to have it because of some stupid moratorium that you had enforced upon yourself.

Yes, I'm talking about carbs, sure.

*****

Back in college, people used to say I had an alter ego named Jap. He was the evil, more obnoxious me. I can't imagine why they invented this personality but they did have a lot of laughs at my (or Jap's?) expense. This personality suddenly resurfaced over a conversation with Jundel and Nolan. Borne out of a discussion about having to write about a single topic over 500 times (yes, it is possible), they imagined myself having more than one (or two) personalities which is why I was able to pull the job off. Jap was one of them, allegedly.

So now, I am thinking (thanks to Johnny) about the repercussions (or benefits) of having more than one personality. Stephen King allegedly has a multiple personality disorder, which is probably why he can write about a bunch of different persons so well in one sitting, I can imagine. I grew up reading some of his earlier works and do find a depth of understanding he possesses writing about so many dysfunctional people. Hmm, am now beginning to doubt my sanity here.

*****

I bought a dvd of Tropic Thunder a few months back. (I think I even blogged about it in the past) Well, the dvd still doesn't work. A waste of 50 bucks that sure was! But while buying a pack of cigarettes at our friendly, all day all night even on Good Friday neighborhood store earlier today, I spied a copy that they were renting out. Was awfully tempted to rent it but somehow I was able to resist the urge.

I'm a big fan of comedy, and from what I hear I am sure to love this flick. But why I am able to resist watching it is some sort of mystery to me. Maybe I've gone soft on my love for a great laugh, or maybe subconsciously (and with a dose of premonition) I know that it isn't as funny as some of my all time favorites.

I did make a promise to myself that I will definitely be watching Fast and Furious 4 in a movie house. This is personal history in the making. This will be the first time I will be watching a movie in a theater since Happy Feet. So far, I've not invited anyone as I feel that I want to watch it on my own... a sort of personal pilgrimage back to the movies. And yes, I plan to splurge! LaZboy seats, popcorn (Yes, carbs I know) and the best darn THX system known to man. It should, nay, it will be special! Hahaha! How pathetic I have become.

Either that or Monsters versus Aliens. There's still a chance, actually.

*****

Hmm... watching some snippets of Gothika in between sentences has piqued my interest in the movie. I knew blogging was a waste of time!

No comments: